Are you thinking about buying a second home in Central Florida? It can be a great investment that serves as a relaxing retreat or helps you earn additional income. Whatever your reason for looking for a second home, working with a real estate brokerage company that understands the local market can ensure you get exactly what you want.
The real estate agents at Bee Realty Corp have extensive experience helping people find a second home that meets all their needs and desires.
Is Buying a Second Home Right for You?
Buying a second home in Volusia County can be a wonderful and affordable venture, but it also requires planning, research, and patience.
People buy second homes in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, and New Smyrna Beach for any number of reasons, including:
- Family or friends live nearby.
- They want more privacy than a townhouse or condo provides.
- A love of the outdoors.
- Income or tax savings potential.
- To diversify their investments.
Many people also purchase a retirement home long before they plan to retire, knowing they want to retire in Central Florida.
What to Consider Before Buying a Second Home
As a homeowner, you’ve already braved the real estate buying process. However, buying a second home as an investment property or vacation getaway won’t be the same. Keep these few differences in mind as you begin your planning and research:
- Lenders don’t always give the same deals for second homes as they do first ones. Your second home mortgage might require a higher down payment and come with a higher interest rate.
- Consider whether you’ll get enough use out of the home. For instance, a family with young children might find their use of a second home declines as their kids get older and join sports teams or want to spend more time with friends.
- Not all first-home tax breaks are available for second homes. Property tax rules and potential deductions for second homes can be complicated. Consulting with a tax professional about tax implications can ensure you’re not hit with unexpected charges.
How to Get Exactly What You Want in a Second Home
Buying a second home is a significant financial step, so you want to make sure that you get everything or nearly everything you want from the property. Once you determine you’re ready to take the plunge, you want to pick a location and find a home you’ll appreciate and enjoy for years to come.
Partnering with a local real estate brokerage can get you the deal you deserve on a second home that offers all the amenities you’re looking for. Are you looking for a bit of privacy away from the crowds? Or do you want to be close to the beach action? A seasoned real estate agent can help you explore the Central Florida area and guide you on which communities and properties might best meet your needs.
Buying a Second Home in Volusia County
When people think of investing in a second home, the number one area that often comes to mind is Central Florida, which outranks its closest competitor, California, by two to one! With over a thousand miles of shoreline and beaches and a quiet relaxing lifestyle, Florida offers amenities most other states can’t match.
Are you ready to buy a second home in Volusia County? The agents at Bee Realty Corp. have decades of experience helping clients find the perfect place to call their second home. We’re the area’s largest producing private broker and can do the same for you! Call us at 386-279-7522 or contact us online to learn more.